HAPPY OCTOBER-- when the food gets warmer and the sweaters get thicker!
Is October a scary month to you?
Not because of Halloween and all the terrifying decorations and scary movies on tv (but maybe a little).
Are you terrified because winter is coming and there is only 2 months til Christmas??
Where you aren’t craving light salads and the occasional ice cream cone anymore but would rather indulge in all the warm carbie comforts like mac & cheese, scalloped potatoes & so many other comfort foods that we all LOVE so much when the days get shorter?
I’m right there with you
It is hard for all of us to be on track with our nutrition when the seasons change. We want what feels good. But there’s no reason that comfort foods can’t be healthy and taste good at the same time! Take this turkey chili recipe for example!
Ingredients 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. olive oil 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey breast 1 medium onion chopped 1 medium red bell pepper chopped 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and chilies (like Rotel®) 1 (8-oz.) can all-natural tomato sauce no salt or sugar added 2 small sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes ¾ cup water 1 Tbsp. chili powder ½ tsp. ground cumin ¼ tsp. ground paprika ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt) 2 Tbsp. finely chopped flat leaf (Italian) parsley (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey is browned.
3. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
4. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, sweet potatoes, chili powder, cumin, salt, and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
5. Evenly divide chili into four serving bowls; garnish with parsley, if desired.
You could choose to make a hearty, healthy chili a bit more...should I say, comfortable?...by adding cornbread, sour cream, and other toppings but it’s just as good on its own too! There are plenty of guilt-free, heartwarming recipes that can help you get through the fall and the inevitable winter!
And if you’re like, “But where can I find so many amazing recipes like that?”
Stick around and you’ll eventually have access to hundreds of them
Talk to you soon!
PS... You didn’t think I forgot about the freebie did you?! Here it is!!
Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice----- Click below to Down Your 10 Healthy Dessert Recipes