If you are trying to lose weight and control your eating, you can follow these steps to help you see the results you are looking for in your weight loss.
1. Drink a glass of cold water as soon as you wake up every day. Your body has just gone 6-8 hours without any water and needs water to function properly.
2. Eat breakfast everyday within 30-minutes of waking up.
3. Compliment your carbohydrates with protein (whole grain pasta with chicken or an apple with peanut butter)
4. Reduce your alcohol consumption. Drinking alcohol spikes your blood sugar, negatively impacts decision making, and gives your body empty calories that do not fill you up.
5. Drink half of your desired body weight in ounces of water every day.
6. DO NOT DRINK SOFT DRINKS, DIET OR OTHERWISE — Drink Green Tea instead.
7. Seek out foods with less than 5 ingredients. Eliminate processed foods as much as you can.
8. Chose protein snacks rather than high carb snacks. (Hard boiled eggs vs. crackers or a piece of string cheese vs. cookies.)
9. Choose healthy fats to eat like avocado, walnuts, & coconut oil.
10. Eat items with 4 or more grams of fiber per serving.
11. Eat items with less than 9 grams of sugar per serving.
12. Remove cheat foods from you home. Cheat foods are usually high sugar foods like cereals, cookies, chips, cakes, etc… These items have little nutritional value and will slow down the process of eliminating body fat.
If you struggle with any of these, pick one to work on each month until it becomes a habit.
Once it becomes routine/habit chose another one you are not doing until it becomes a habit.
Keep repeating the process until you are consistent with most if not all of these tips. In a 3 to 6 months (depending on how much weight you need to lose) you can transform your health and your body.